Friday, November 5, 2010

Turkey Cookies


We decided to use some of our Halloween and create some turkey cookies....we had a ton of Tootsie Rolls and decided it would be perfect for our cookies. It is very easy to mold and bend but a little bit sticky......we did not have any Starburst candy left (my sons favorite) but I am pretty sure any type of taffy type candy would work too.........

Here are some photos of the turkey cookies we made last year using candy corns.........
Please let me know if you if you run across any fab turkey cookie or cup cake creations--I would love to check them out!!

3 comments:

  1. OMG these are so cute! I never would have thought of this..so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them too! I am having a Thanksgiving playgroup soon and I am definitely making the tootsie roll cookies!!!

    Ok, on another note, I'm the girl who asked about the tent. My father is here and we are working on the tent. I bought the fabric and he has been to Lowe's and Home Depot for pvc pipes. I am sorry to keep bothering you about this tent, but I do have one more question. The joint to connect the legs to the top of the tent....(which will also connect the front bar and side bars) What did he use for that? I know that sounds really confusing. We have dimensions and a basic frame, but can't figure out how to connect the front bar and side bar (the bottom of the triangle, so to speak). We are so close to figuring this out and I want it to be as cute as yours. I think my daughter will love, love it along with party guests!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He used 3way PVC pipe connection elbows for the bottom portion....and for the top cross beams....we ended up having to use duct tape to connect the lower triangle angles which held it together....I compensated with the fabric to make sure the tape and elbows did not show. I also purchased tule netting to help cover the corners......I hope this makes sense. I would love to see a pic when it is complete!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails