Saturday, January 29, 2011

Vintage Sports Party

We were finally able to celebrate my son's birthday this past weekend--he has a December birthday, so we usually wait until all of the holiday craziness is over!
My son has been a Yankee fan his whole life and has really been interested in the history of the old Yankee stadium and sports history--so when I asked him if he wanted a vintage sports theme he was ecstatic! I was beyond thrilled because I love anything vintage!! I found this adorable vintage cake bunting at The TomKat Studio and used it as inspiration for decor!
I also used this striped fabric to accent the party--it really reminded me of vintage baseball!


The kids played baseball pinball and soccer foosball for some of the activities..........
I love this vintage baseball sign that I found online!

I found adorable popcorn cases that resembled those you would find at a sporting event and served peanuts in their shells. I found some decor with vintage cup trophies that I used for the water bottles and a photo banner. I took photos of the kids and framed them in sports frames as a keepsake from the party! We all had a great time--this is such a fun theme for boys!!
Happy birthday to my little sports fan!!

8 comments:

  1. Wow, this party looks amazing! LOVE that cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much fun and so creative! You really incorporated a variety of sports so seamlessly...I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderful and fun party!!!

    Shelley@DivinePartyConcepts

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried to find some contact information for you, but didn't see anything. I'd like to feature this party on my blog, if you don't mind!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would be happy to be featured on your blog, thank you so much (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where did you find the baseball table runner? I am in love with it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brooke, I got it at Pottery Barn Kids a few years ago....but you may be able to find it on eBay...(:

    ReplyDelete
  8. For the cake, what did you use for the balls? and the green stuff

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails