Monday, April 11, 2011

Margarita Cakes for Cinco De Mayo!

I have been experimenting with new desserts and created one that you are sure to love....these strawberry margarita cakes are the perfect for spring and summer treat!
I start off by placing the rim of a margarita glass in a bowl of water and the dip the glass in sugar (to look like salt).........................

I make this sugar/water/strawberry mix ahead of time and place it in the refrigerator for a couple of hours.......it consists of a handful of cut up strawberries with a couple tablespoons of sugar and a half cup of water and you can always add a splash of tequila if you prefer...........
I use pound cake and start by cutting off a corner of the cake and placing it at the bottom of the glass.........it is important to have this slice at the bottom to soak up all of the yumminess!!
I then place a layer of the strawberry mixture over the cake........................

I use a smaller circle form (smaller than the rim of the glass) to cut out the upper layers of cake and repeat the process.....................
These can be served immediately or stored in the refrigerator a couple of hours before serving......you and your guests will not be disappointed!! Enjoy.....just in time for Cinco de Mayo!

2 comments:

  1. Oh yum! I think I’ll have an occasion coming up for something similar...thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Can't wait to try these!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails