Saturday, January 19, 2013

 I have been celebrating New Year's eve with my kids for a few years now--I think it is a great way to discuss and understand time and the calendar as well as remissness about the year and discuss the year to come!
We decided to use pink and gold as our color scheme for the party and I wanted it to be a DIY party and share some fun ideas that hopefully you would be able to use in 2013!



Dessert Table
I made items for the dessert table as well purchased items from our local grocery store. I love the look of the three tiered cakes but they are not always budget friendly or practical with a smaller group. I found this new trick that I hope to perfect in the coming year....The only 'real' cake is the center cake that I baked. The top and bottom layers are floral foam that I frosted!! For the record--it is much easier frosting foam than cake! 








Activities
The kids frosted their own mini tiered cakes and decorated them with pink and gold sprinkles and candy. We also had fun playing with confetti and took photos in a large gold frame that had an embroidered 2013 on it! I am sending all of these photos to the kids to have as an end of the year keepsake. We also played a 'pinata' type game. I created a large New Years 'cracker' that I filled with confetti and treats for the kids. I made the cracker out of a piece of poster board--I placed the treats and confetti inside the poster board, rolled it up ans secured it with tape. I then wrapped it up with a plastic table cloth and tied the ends with ribbon--so easy!! The kids tossed the cracker around while a song was playing and who ever was holding it at the end of the song got to crack it open and dump out the treats! The kids loved this game and it is a great alternative to a pinata!















Decor
I wanted to create a NYE feel with lots of glamour and glitter! I found these adorable pink pillows with gold stars from Pottery Barn Kids that matched the decor perfectly! We also had a lot of noise makes, confetti and balloons. The kids made their own balloon wands with a balloon on a stick--they added stars and glittery ribbon that they used as they danced around the party! I love the look of the over sized balloons with glittery flowing streamers....I was concerned about finding helium with the current helium shortage and the cost to fill the balloons! I decided to blow them up and secure them to a stick that I secured to a chair. I used a New Years party cone hat that I attached to the stick to keep the balloon sitting upright. I then used shiny streamers and embellishments to hide the sticks!! The looked just like helium balloons and added so much flair to the party--I will defiantly be using this trick again!

We all had a great time celebrating NYE and I plan on making this a new tradition! I hope everyone has a happy New Year!

8 comments:

  1. Oh, save these images, you'll grow up remembering them

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a real ability for writing unique content. I like how you think and the way you represent your views in this article. I agree with your way of thinking. Thank you for sharing.
    unblocked games| unblocked games at school| unblocked games| friv4school| friv 4 school| call of duty| top tetris games| friv games| frivgames| barbie games| barbiegames| monster high games| kizi2| kizi 2

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was great for me and I realized that it was more amazing if you share more, good luck
    happy wheels ez
    super mario bros
    pacman
    agario

    ReplyDelete
  4. شركة مكافحة حشرات
    شركة مكافحة النمل الابيض بالمدينة المنورة
    تهتم شركة قمم التميز باعمال الرش والقضاء على الحشرات المنزلية فمهما كانت المعاناة ومهما كانت كمية الحشرات التى تعانى منها فتعاون مع افضل شركة تهتم بهذه الخدمة الان
    الحشرات المنزلية من المشكلات التى تعانى منها البيوت ، وخصوص فى المناطق المرتفعة فيها الحرارة ، وحيث تنشر الحشرات فى المنزل وقد تسبب متاعب كثيرة وأمراض خطيرة .
    وللحماية منزلك من الحشرات ومنع دخولها ويمكن ان نطرح بعض النصائح :
    *الحرص على النظافة الدائمة للمنزل ،
    *التهوية الجيدة لغرف المنزل ودخول أشعة الشمس لقتل الحشرات التى لا ترى إلا بالعين المجردة . شركة رش مبيدات بالمدينة المنورة
    *التخلص من القمامة أول بأول حتى لا تكون عرضه للأنتشار الحشرات .
    النمل نوعان * النمل عادى مصدر غذائه فضلات الطعام ويعيش فى ثقوب وشقوق المنزل . شركة تنظيف بيارات بالمدينة المنورة
    والنمل الأبيض يسمى ( العتة) وهو يحتاج إلى طعام الدائم لكى يبقى على قيد الحياة ، مصدر غذائه السكر (الجلكوز) الموجود فى الخشب ، و المتواجد فى الأبواب والنوافذ والأثاث ، وقد يسبب خطر كبير على منزلك فالنمل الأبيض يعمل ممرات ويقوم بتأسيس بيت له أسفل المنزل ، ويكون دمار بمرور الوقت وأضرار فادحة لايمكن اصلاحها إلا بعد فوات الآوان .
    ويمكن التخلص من النمل الأبيض برش مبيدات كيمائية مخصص لها أثناء بناء الأثاث فى الأرض ، وعند تركيب الأبواب التأكيد من أغلاق جميع الفتحات فى جوانب الباب وألأفضل تركيب الأبواب بالمفاصل وليس بالمواد اللزقة ، وعند شراء الأثاث الضغط على الخشب وتأكد مدى قوتها وعدم أصابتها بالنمل الأبيض .
    أما النمل العادى التى يتواجد المطبخ يمكن التخلص منه بقليل من الصودا المخلوطة بالسكر وضعها فى الثقوب والفتحات التى تخرج منها فالنمل يموت فى الحال .
    فى خزانة الطعام نضع فيها قليل من القهوة المرة أو الفلفل غير المطحون فهو يخلصك من النمل نهائيا وكذلك الحشرات الأخرى .
    والصراصير لمنعها من أنتشارها فى المنزل يمكن سد البالوعات والمراحيض فى الليل ، صب المحاليل السامة أو مشتقات البترول القتلة فى فتحات المراحيض والبالوعات ثم صب ماء عليها فى الصباح.
    ممكن عمل كرات من الدقيق بها مواد سامة أى معجونة بالمبيدات الحشرية ووضعها فى المكان الذى تكثر فيه الصراصير .... وتكون بعيده عن منتاول الأطفال .
    العثة تكثر فى فصل الشتاء بسبب الرطوبة العالية وفيجب تهوية المنزل ، و تهوية الغرفة من المفروشات والوسائد ، والشمس لها أثر فعال على قتل الجراثيم والميكروبات شركة شفط بيارات بالمدينة المنورة




    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey I’m Martin Reed,if you are ready to get a loan contact.Mr Benjamin via email: lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com,WhatsApp:+1 989-394-3740 I’m giving credit to Le_Meridian Funding Service .They grant me the sum 2,000,000.00 Euro. within 5 working days. Le_Meridian Funding Service  is a  group investors into pure loan and debt financing at the  returns of 1.9% to pay off your bills or buy a home Or Increase your Business. please I advise everyone out there who are in need of loan and can be reliable, trusted and capable of repaying back at the due time of funds.

    ReplyDelete

  6. I liked your website so much. I am also providing same content like this. If you want to read, just visit my website
    Wayanad Empire

    ReplyDelete
  7. تصميم الشدات والسقالات يتطلب معرفة بالمعايير والمبادئ الهندسية المناسبة والالتزام بالتعليمات المقدمة من الشركات المصنعة. قد تكون هناك معايير واشتراطات محلية خاصة تحتاج إلى شركات بيع شدات معدنية لها أيضًا. يوصى بضرورة الاستعانة بمهندس متخصص في التصميم والاشراف على تركيب هذه الهياكل لضمان السلامة والأداء الجيد.

    ReplyDelete
  8. القدم السكري هو حالة تحدث عندما يكون لدى الشخص مرض السكري وتتطور مشاكل في الأعصاب والأوعية الدموية في القدم. قد تكون لهذه الحالة علاقة بحدوث مشاكل مثل الغرغرينا والإصابة بالدوالي. لذلك من الافضل التعامل مع دكتور قدم سكري شاطر

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails